Author Topic: Cannot install TP 9 SP1 get "bz2.pyd" error  (Read 3941 times)

Tony01

• View Profile
Cannot install TP 9 SP1 get "bz2.pyd" error
« on: 2014-06-20 08:35:29 »
I have ThumbsPlus PRO 9 (without SP1) currently installed.  However when I try to upgrade to SP1 it fails to uninstall the current version and therefore will not upgrade to SP1.  When I try to remove it using Control panel it does the same thing with the same error (it cannot find DLL - bz2.pyd).  So technically at this point I cannot upgrade to SP1.  Any help is appreciated.

FYI - I sent a support ticket to Cerious Software on 06/16 but have not heard back from them.

Tony

Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2014-06-20 09:49:38 »
I tried to upload bz2.pyd but the forum is not having any of that.

Have you tried to reinstall the version you currently have installed?  bz2.pyd is found in the following path (your install folder may be different from ThumbsPlus9):

C:\Program Files (x86)\ThumbsPlus9\Python\DLLs

I can e-mail the bz2.pyd file to you if necessary.

Cheers,
Gary

Tony01

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-06-20 13:53:59 »
No I have not, getting ready for vacation.  I will try in about a week when I get back.  Thanks for the reply.  I will let you know.

Tony01

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-07-07 09:04:40 »
1 - My build number is the PRO version 3935, however in your archive you don't have a build 3935?  3934 is the latest in it?
2 - So, I tried to install 3934, got the same error as I do when trying to install SP1 (the subject of this issue).
3 - Went to the original email I got when I purchased and installed my current version and it is linked to the latest SP1 version so that is no help.
4 - So, I am out of options.  Could you email me the dll and tell me how to register it if needed?  If that doesn't fix the issue I am going to have to do a manual uninstall / delete, delete all the regedit entries, etc...
5 - Please offer a better suggestion.

Thanks,

Tony

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-07-07 11:32:49 »
> 1 - My build number is the PRO version 3935, however in your archive you don't have a build 3935?  3934 is the latest in it?

Try ftp://ftp.cerious.com/pub/cerious/thmpls9_3935.exe
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Tony01

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-07-07 14:46:36 »
Well downloaded 3935.  When attempting to re-install as it gets to the uninstall portion of the previous version I get the same error again.  If you give me your email address I can forward you the email I sent with all the errors and version numbers on it.  Or if you can give me the missing DLL file I will try installing it before I go any further.

Tony

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014-07-07 15:40:59 »
If I were you, I'd try to uninstall that older version of ThumbsPlus using Microsoft's FixIt utility:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Tony01

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2014-07-08 12:36:47 »
Well that didn't work either so I resulted to the last resort of deleting everything manually.  I also went through the registry and deleted all entries I could find for ThumbsPlus.  Guess what, it worked.  Once I had deleted all the registry entries SP1 installed without issue.

Tony

Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2014-07-09 07:56:40 »
glad you got it fixed Tony.  registry clean up can be tedious but sometimes it is the only way to resolve this type of issue.