Author Topic: Strange Keyword behavior  (Read 3857 times)

Street Mann

• View Profile
Strange Keyword behavior
« on: 2019-04-05 08:00:17 »
Its me again ..

I had to convert my database from t4 to t10 and in the  process had to move all my keyword and annotation data to the metadata of the images, and then set t10 to repopulate the image database with the info that was in the metadata.

I had images that were keyworded with a field named "kiba trip day xx", where xx ran from 01 to 44... All the images from kiba trip day 10 through kiba trip day 44 brought in the keyword into the database so as to show up in the image data window shown in the image I attach.. These keywords also show up in the Find By Query function. Here is the strange part. The images keyworded with "kiba trip day 01" through "kiba trip day 09", while showing up in the keyword field on the image ( see attached image at the right), DO NOT show up in the Find By Query list.

If I manually add them to the image, then I have 2 items that say kiba trip day xx, but only one item in the find by query list ..

I suspect that there is something about that leading "0" in the day 01 thru the day 09 that got things confused when it brought in the keyword from the metadata.

I rescanned the folder, but nothing changed.

Ideas as to what happened.. I will go back and manuall re-add the keyword of day 01 thru day 09 and it WILL show up as a query field, but then I will duplicates int he image database window ( but only a single one in the Edit Keywords list , BTW)

PS - the reason it shows day 09 and 08 in the attached images is cause I was experimention at how to get the "0" prefixed images to show up.. There is NO day 07, day 06 etc in the list  ( till I readd a duplicate keyword)
« Last Edit: 2019-04-05 08:09:55 by Street Mann »

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Strange Keyword behavior
« Reply #1 on: 2019-04-05 09:05:46 »
Ideas as to what happened..

None whatsoever.. I'm afraid this may be a bug that would be best reported to the developers.

I will go back and manuall re-add the keyword of day 01 thru day 09 and it WILL show up as a query field, but then I will duplicates int he image database window ( but only a single one in the Edit Keywords list , BTW)

You should be able to use Database | Edit Keywords to look up and delete those dupes.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Street Mann

• View Profile
Re: Strange Keyword behavior
« Reply #2 on: 2019-04-05 09:41:41 »
Interesting thing is that the Database Edit Keywords does not show those keywords shown int he window (right) as being in the database ... until I add them manually.. and then they show up bot places .. Ill try addint the keyword and then deleting it.. I bet is removes both instances of them in the window (right)