Author Topic: TP9 3928: (minor) Status bar doesn't update after delete  (Read 3467 times)

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
TP9/3928 on XP Pro sp3 32b.

When you delete a file, the next file moves into its place and becomes selected. However, the status bar does not show the details of the file that's now selected.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Gary

• View Profile
TP9 3928: (minor) Status bar doesn't update after delete
« Reply #1 on: 2013-08-09 08:00:12 »
Daan,

I tested this situation on TP9 3928/Win7 64-bit and it appears to work correctly.  I copied 4 files to an empty folder to test.  When "A" is deleted, "B" is selected and the status bar shows the details for "B".  Am I testing the situation you are reporting?

Cheers,
Gary

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-08-09 10:43:36 »
Hi Gary,

Thanks for your note.

> Am I testing the situation you are reporting?

Yes. Your message prompted me to do some further tests and it seems that it only happens in a very large folder - one that has over 20,000 files in 3500 subfolders.

I've had a similar problem there that may be related.. when new files are placed in a subfolder, TP9 doesn't always notice, or not until the folder is manually refreshed. Maybe that would be expecting too much though.

Does the database indicator in the status bar work for you? It does for me in a default setup, but not in my 'everyday work' configuration and I can't seem to find out why it doesn't..
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-08-09 17:34:10 »
Daan,

I have noticed odd behavior in folders with many files - the refresh issue you mention as well as odd behavior trying to right click/move files (sometimes I have to drag a file several times before it is actually moved).

I cannot get the database status indicators to display.  I always have to switch to the tasks tab to determine activity.  Just another frustration.

Cheers,
Gary