All forums > General Discussion

Copying data in annotation field to metadata

(1/3) > >>

dynacam:
In a my time using thumbs+ I have used the annotation field to record details of each photo, but I would like to take what is written there, seeing its only part of the thumbs database and write it into the IPTC metadata comments field ??, can this be done in ver 9 (I have downloaded the beta) or do I need someother way like a script.
I can do this manually using irfanview but it takes lots of time.
Thanks

Daan van Rooijen:
I think you'll need v7 for that, which has the relevant option ("Populate caption from annotation") in the menu of its IPTC editor (Ctrl-I).

dynacam:
Thanks but v7 has long gone was replaced by v8, I wonder if this option could be included in v9.
If I reinstalled v7 and used a new database maybe I could work it this way ????

Daan van Rooijen:
> If I reinstalled v7 and used a new database maybe I could work it this way ????

Well, your annotations are stored in your current database, so if that is a v8 or v9 database, you'll have to export it and then import it into v7 (if you try that: it's best to export without the thumbnails, and re-create those during import in v7. Also, if you have multiple-line annotations, you may want to doublecheck afterwards if those have been imported correctly).

dynacam:
Thanks looks like I will have a bit of playing coming up ..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version