Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: what the heck happened
« Last post by miltk on 2023-11-03 03:30:24 »
Not sure what you mean by 'source folder'. I assume it's a regular folder on your harddrive.

Do you recognize the images as belonging to you? Have you (or anyone else in your household) been using other image browsing / viewing / editing software, or file management software, that may have put them there? Or that may have created temporary files there?

ThumbsPlus is just showing you what is (or has been) there. If the presence of the images bothers you, why don't you just delete them or move them somewhere else?

Maybe you can re-make the thumbnails in that folder to make sure that they represent the current situation. In that case, I would:

- Set ThumbsPlus to show files of ALL types (not just 'selected')
- Then I would select all thumbnails in that folder and press Shift+Del to delete them.
- Then press F5 to refresh the thumbnail listing.
- Then do 'Thumbnail | Scan Folder' (Shift+Alt+F3) to create new thumbnails for all files in the folder.

These instructions would work with the current version of ThumbsPlus, but your TP5 may use different shortcuts or menu items to accomplish these tasks.

it doesn't bother me per se because all my images have been categorized in galleries.

by source folder i mean the folder with all my images that i have tp5 set to open to. there are 5000 images.

i am an artist. i use these images as source material for my paintings. because i use tp5 with a database built in windowsXP,  i have had to install the tp5 program differently, as well as create a dummy folder so that the data and galleries and stuff work. i have not updated to tp10.

so as per your direction several years ago when i moved from XP to w7 i had to install things a little differently,,,,change the C drive label to it's label in XP (DRIVE_C), install tp5 in Cdrive not the 86 folder, and set up a dummy folder in program files

anyway i wanted to know where these 14files came from, and yes they are my files. they should not be there at the top of the image folder when i open tp5. it should be newest to oldest.

the way i look at if, it's an indication that something is not right
General Discussion / Re: what the heck happened
« Last post by Daan van Rooijen on 2023-11-02 21:22:11 »
Not sure what you mean by 'source folder'. I assume it's a regular folder on your harddrive.

Do you recognize the images as belonging to you? Have you (or anyone else in your household) been using other image browsing / viewing / editing software, or file management software, that may have put them there? Or that may have created temporary files there?

ThumbsPlus is just showing you what is (or has been) there. If the presence of the images bothers you, why don't you just delete them or move them somewhere else?

Maybe you can re-make the thumbnails in that folder to make sure that they represent the current situation. In that case, I would:

- Set ThumbsPlus to show files of ALL types (not just 'selected')
- Then I would select all thumbnails in that folder and press Shift+Del to delete them.
- Then press F5 to refresh the thumbnail listing.
- Then do 'Thumbnail | Scan Folder' (Shift+Alt+F3) to create new thumbnails for all files in the folder.

These instructions would work with the current version of ThumbsPlus, but your TP5 may use different shortcuts or menu items to accomplish these tasks.
General Discussion / what the heck happened
« Last post by miltk on 2023-11-02 18:49:53 »
i just opened my tp5 in w7,,,and i have tp set to open within the source folder.

THERE ARE 14 IMAGES at the beginning that should not be there.

i have tp set to open the source folder as "numeric/ descending". so the order should be recent to oldest. but as i said there are 14 older images now prioritized at the top. furthermore i cannot open them in tp - these 14 have a little icon in the upper right (see attached)

as tp5 is a program i use constantly, the last time i used tp5 was yesterday. i use tp5 everyday, and i haven't made any additions or changes other than several days ago when i deleted some orphaned folders as instructed in another discussion

i don't think i can add anything more until i get a reply because i frankly dont know what's going on

btw, i just went to another computer which mirrors this one. both mirror each other and that other computer is fine,,,so somehow these images have  placed themselves at the top in my source folder in this particular w7 machine

update....so i copied the td4 from the good unchanged computer to this one with the prob but that didn't help. the glitchy tp5 in the computer is doing something seperate and apart from the established td4
General Discussion / Re: deleting orphaned FOLDERS
« Last post by Daan van Rooijen on 2023-10-26 12:45:50 »
"Indicate thumbnails

Checking this option causes ThumbsPlus to use differently colored folders to indicate "interesting" folders. Folders which contain thumbnails are colored green; folders which do not themselves have thumbnails, but whose sub-folders do, are colored blue. This option is useful only after drive(s) have been scanned for images."

See also the help item for Location Panel.
« Last post by miltk on 2023-10-25 17:36:50 »
shift + delete did the trick !!!!

another question...what are these turquoise colored folders. they're all workable so what is that color indicating?

« Last post by Daan van Rooijen on 2023-10-24 07:57:49 »
I can't reproduce this in TP10.. when I right-click on a greyed-out folder I still get the "Remove Orphans <Ctrl+Del>" option there.

A greyed-out folder no longer exists on the hard drive, but TP still has thumbnail records in its database for files that used to reside there. You must have "Options | Preferences | Thumbnails | Show Orphans" on to see them (recommended).

If a right-click on the folder doesn't bring up the required command, I think TP5 still offers 4 other ways of getting rid of orphans:

1) Use "Thumbnail | Remove | Orphans" from the menu (or its TP5 equivalent)

2) Turn on "Options | Preferences | Thumbnails | Auto Remove Orphans" (or its TP5 equivalent), then browse those folders and their orphaned records should disappear, along with the greyed-out folders themselves (a Ctrl+F5 refresh of the tree may be necessary).

3) Go to the top-level folder, and use the Remove Orphans command from there, specifying 'Current Tree' so that subfolders will be cleaned of orphans too. Note that this may also remove orphans from other subfolders that maybe you'd wanted to keep.

4) Delete them manually by selecting them and pressing Shift-Del.
General Discussion / deleting orphaned FOLDERS
« Last post by miltk on 2023-10-24 06:42:05 »
i have greyed out FOLDERS i want to kill but i only see right-click menu for files.
these folders are empty. how do i do it,,,thx

btw,,,i use tp5. yes i know...it's OLD old. i feel safe using it :D :D :D

General Discussion / ThumbsPlus alternatives
« Last post by Teeple on 2023-10-10 09:54:39 »
Good morning.
I'm wondering if anyone has discovered a good substitute program to use in place of TP? Although I love the program, TP does not support thumbnail creation of newer image file types and I'm unable to find a satisfactory work around for this. I have Lightroom but have not yet used this to catalogue and mange my images.
Any suggestions are appreciate!
Thanks,
Ralph
I'd try again after rebooting the PC.
If that doesn't help, run TP with elevated rights (as admin). Re-enter your license details.
If that doesn't help either, reinstall, but run the installer with elevated rights.
ThumbsPlus v10 Questions / your session is not active error
« Last post by wingfield on 2023-08-01 16:05:23 »
Hello,

I'm moving thumbs to a new computer.  it seems to have worked in that the app opens; but after a short time, I get the below message.  any thoughts on how to get red of this??

"your session is not active in the thumbspus pro database for multi-user license validation.  the database may be unreachable or damaged, or your computer was not able to check in for 5 minutes.

at that point, the app closes.

thoughts???
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10