Author Topic: renaming all my source files  (Read 1790 times)

miltk

• View Profile
renaming all my source files
« on: 2023-11-04 16:15:00 »
over the years the naming and thus the order on my source files(as i mentioned earlier they are image files for my work) have gotten messy. files i started out naming in one way when i first used tp5,,,to a file system i started naming to make more sense of everything,,,to misnamed files.

so i decided to rename all of them and clean up everything. so i used a computer i never use to create a test tp5 to make sure it would work.

since i wanted to simply rename the files but keep the galleries and assigned galleries intact as well as whatever keywords have been created, i thought i had to rename them in tp5. i thought if i renamed the files in windows things would get messed up.

well that didn't happen. i hilited all the files in the source folder, and while the option was there, i got an error message saying i could not rename

was my thinking correct and if so why did i get the error message?

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: renaming all my source files
« Reply #1 on: 2023-11-04 17:06:07 »
since i wanted to simply rename the files but keep the galleries and assigned galleries intact as well as whatever keywords have been created, i thought i had to rename them in tp5. i thought if i renamed the files in windows things would get messed up.

Correct!

well that didn't happen. i hilited all the files in the source folder, and while the option was there, i got an error message saying i could not rename

Is that all that it said? I guess that might happen if some of the files are read-only or otherwise write-protected.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

miltk

• View Profile
Re: renaming all my source files
« Reply #2 on: 2023-11-04 17:22:20 »

Correct!

Is that all that it said? I guess that might happen if some of the files are read-only or otherwise write-protected.

i will take a snapshot of the error message...my mistake for forgetting