Author Topic: Deleting via thumb-view window  (Read 3386 times)

LanceSummers

• View Profile
Deleting via thumb-view window
« on: 2017-09-09 05:36:21 »
When I delete a single thumbnail, the active window stays as thumb-view but when I delete multiple files by selecting multiple thumbnails, the active window is deselected.  I have to either click on a thumbnail in the window to make it active again or use control-tab to get back to it.
When I am cleaning up a lot of duplicates, this gets to be annoying as I do most of the work via the keyboard and have the mouse set out of the way.

Is there a setting for this?  Or how do I prevent this?

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2017-09-09 09:33:13 »
> When I delete a single thumbnail, the active window stays as thumb-view but when I delete multiple files by selecting multiple thumbnails, the active window is deselected.

I can't reproduce this here.. When I keyboard-select (shift-arrow) multiple files and press DEL, I get a confirmation dialog, I press 'A' for 'Yes to All', the files are deleted and my cursor is back in the thumbnail listing where I can select and delete some more.

In Options | Preferences | Confirmations, I do have the confirmation for 'Deleting files' on. However, down below in that dialog it shows that I have disabled 3 warning messages, and if memory serves one of those was the irritating "Are you really, really, REALLY SURE that you want to delete these files??"-message. Could it be that you have that one still active, and that that's what is stealing focus away from the thumbnail listing?

In Options | Preferences | General, I have 'Use Windows recycle bin settings' On.
In Options | Preferences | Thumbnail View, I have 'Watch changes in folders' Off (due to some very large folders that would slow things down too much). 'Enable color management' is off too.

I can't seem to think of any other settings that may affect the deletion of files and the redrawing of the thumbnail listing.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

LanceSummers

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-09-18 10:59:35 »
I set my preferences to exactly the same as in your post.  I even deleted multiple files using your method.  But it does exactly the same thing.

The directory has over 200,000 jpg files in it.

I tried creating a new database but that made no difference either.

The version I am using ThumbsPlus Pro 10 SP1 (Build 4011 on Jul 11 2016)

And thanks for the reply, Lance

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2017-09-18 20:58:58 »
At this point I can only suggest a work-around: in the future, use INS/Ctrl-INS to tag and untag duplicate files. When you're done finding and tagging dupes, use "Edit | Select by | Tagged" to select all the tagged files, then press Del to delete them.

To avoid accidents, check the (Tagged Images) gallery beforehand to make sure that no other files were already tagged.

The tags will be remembered from session to session.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.