Author Topic: search results in crash of thumbsplus  (Read 3074 times)

DubbelDuck

• View Profile
search results in crash of thumbsplus
« on: 2017-07-10 18:23:53 »
When I do a search it results in a crash of the program.
The error I get is:

Database error: <1062 23000>
[MySQL][ODBC 5.3(a) Driver][mysqld-5.6.36-log]Duplicate entry '?????sFiles' for key 'ListName'.

Anyone have any idea what is causing this ? I already tried a couple of times to start with a fresh database but that does not help.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2017-07-10 20:01:04 »
I know very little about (My)SQL but most such errors seem to be caused by the MySQL server not running in ANSI mode (as required by ThumbsPlus). Could that be the problem here?

If so, one way to solve it is to put the following in your my.cnf (or my.ini) file and re-starting MySQL:

sql_mode="ansi"

However, another MySQL user commented that this works better..:

sql-mode = "STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION,ANSI_QUOTES"

..so that might be worth a try as well.

Another comment that he made was: "I updated my mysql server version to 5.6.1 and the connector to 5.2.5. To establish a connection you need to choose the unicode driver version - not the ansi. With ANSI thumbsplus crashes."

If this doesn't help, maybe you can (temporarily) turn SQL tracing on in Windows' ODBC settings, to see which specific command is causing TP10 to crash, and then see if there's a syntax error in it.

How long have you been using your current database, and has it been working well other than for this particular error?
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

DubbelDuck

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-07-11 16:39:14 »
Not sure how it will hold itself in the future but for now the search works again after I changed the ODBC connection to Unicode instead of ANSI.
Thanks for the tips