Author Topic: View window: Full screen mode shows menu + status line  (Read 4832 times)

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
This one shouldn't be too hard to reproduce. It happens with a default configuration on my XP sp3 system:

[*]Open an image that's smaller than your screen
    [*]Press F5 to see it full screen. Note that only your image is visible - no other screen elements.
    [*]Press F5 again to return to the previous window size. So far so good..
    [*]Now press Space to advance to the next image
    [*]Press F5, and notice how the menu and the status line are visible in fullscreen mode.
    [/list]

While I have your attention.. :)  the following is a bit too generic and minor to bring up separately, but there's quite a lot of flashing and blinking of scroll bars and other window elements going on, and last-minute adjustments to the centering of images, when I do simple things like advancing to the next image or pressing F6 and going back to reduced-to-window view. When I press F5 to switch from maximized window to full screen mode, I get a brief glimpse at my desktop or any other open windows. In all, it's as if the viewer is rapidly making adjustments to itself and updating the screen in real-time, instead of quietly preparing these things in the background, which would give the program a more 'quiet' and solid look & feel.
    I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

NGM

• View Profile
    View window: Full screen mode shows menu + status line
    « Reply #1 on: 2011-05-11 11:47:05 »
    Yes, I can duplicate it.  However, if the space bar is used to advance the full screen image before the second F5 is entered then one can flip back and forth repeatedly without the status bars appearing in full screen mode.
    NGM

hfremuth

• View Profile
    View window: Menubar disappears
    « Reply #2 on: 2011-05-13 08:26:15 »
    Not sure how I managed this, but while I was trying to replicate your issue, I also used the F6 key a couple of times. As a result, my menubar is gone (I have to use the known workaround to get it back).

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: 2011-05-13 08:47:40 »
    I've had that too at one point, but couldn't reproduce it. Glad to hear it wasn't just me :)

More worryingly I've also had a situation where I could no longer use 'scan folder' to produce thumbnails for one particular folder. It contained no strange files and its subfolders (and any other folders) would thumbnail just fine. When I made thumbnails for each file individually (F3), they would disappear again as soon as I'd leave and re-renter the folder. Repairing the database did not work, but removing all thumbnails from it and re-scanning the folders did.
    I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

NGM

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: 2011-05-13 15:12:34 »
    Snap.  I have done the same thing while diddling with the F5 and F6 keys but I don't know the workaround to get the menu bar back.  Is it posted somewhere?
    NGM
    OK,  I got it.  I renamed the .vconfig8 file and the menu bar reappeared. Now I'll check for differences as I want some of the customizations back!

hfremuth

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: 2011-05-16 09:17:01 »
    Gary Cannon over at the old Facebook discussion page discovered the easiest workaround:

[*]close T+
      [*]open Thumbs8.vconfig8 file with a text editor
      [*]search for "BarInfo0"
      [*]the line should start like this: [*] remove the Visible="0"
      [*] restart T+, open a picture: menu bar is back!
      [/list]

DashRiprock

« Reply #6 on: 2011-12-04 12:18:48 »
      This works like a charm!

For computer neophytes like myself, I just copy/pasted Thumbs8.vconfig8 into the search window of the drive where T+ resides. When I found Thumbs8.vconfig8, I right-clicked  and said 'open with notepad'. Then, using copy/paste I searched for BarInfo0. It's very near the top of the page. I deleted the Visible="0", made sure the spacing between the surviving code was intact, saved and... the menus are back!!

Thanks!!

cspitser

• View Profile
      « Reply #7 on: 2014-06-04 09:58:53 »
      I edited the vconfig8 file as you recommended and it fixed my problem.  Thank you very much.  How do you think it got broken?  I even reinstalled TP 2 times.