Author Topic: Screen selection + Slideshow screen selection  (Read 3552 times)

Frolin Marek

• View Profile
Screen selection + Slideshow screen selection
« on: 2017-08-12 21:09:08 »
I have a PC system with three monitors, two of which are normal PC monitors, one is a mid-size LED TV.  I use  ThumbsPlus 10 on the first monitor and normally view pictures I open and edit and crop, on the second monitor.

Some reason, when I use F8 for a basic slideshow, it displays these on the third screen, the TV.  In past it displayed the slideshow on the 2nd screen, my preference.

I have only found one place in TB to select the monitor, that is under...  Options tab,  Viewing page,  in the 'Misc' section.  I seem to recall a second setting option for Slideshows screen.

Well now after attempting to correct the issue, now when I simply open a picture, it goes to screen 1, no longer 2 as before,  and when I hit F8 it still goes to the 3rd screen.

Read somewhere this was a bug in version 8 I think...  

Am I missing the options?
How do I correct / reset my selections?
 - so when I open a picture it geos to Screen 2?
 - and when I hit F8 it also go to screen 2 ?

Frolin

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2017-08-12 22:55:59 »
> I have only found one place in TB to select the monitor, that is under...  Options tab,  Viewing page,  in the 'Misc' section.  I seem to recall a second setting option for Slideshows screen.

Yes, it's hidden in the bottom-left corner of Options | Viewing | Slide Show.

> How do I correct / reset my selections?

Do you have a backup of thumbs10.ini that you could restore? I think that's where the monitor settings are saved. I would expect the settings in Options | Viewing | Window to work though. One thing that may interfere is if you're using separate monitor/window/desktop management software or if your video driver has similar functionality built-in.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Frolin Marek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-08-14 03:03:16 »
Daan,

That was the key, I thought I recall the monitor option for SlideShows was in a different place, but searched and was missing it.  Thank you!

Frolin