All forums > General Discussion

uh-oh. backup computer not starting up tp5 properly

<< < (2/3) > >>

miltk:
it happened again on another computer, same circumstance. it's a computer i haven't back up for a few months. the exact same thing is happening. i don't remember what i did before. i was just playing around and got tp5 to work, so being that i was just shooting in the dark i have no idea how i got the other backup computer to work.

now i cannot open tp5 because it cannot connect to the database???

here's 2 of the several error messages. maybe this is not the right forum for these errors or maybe it is. anyway, here's the errors....

[5015/8033] Database error: ; [-1045-HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC microsoft Access Driver] Not a valid bookmark..

[5015/8036] Database error:SQL Connect Error; [0-IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Driver's SQLSet ConnectAttr failed.

Daan van Rooijen:
Maybe you should reinstall TP5. Or delete thumbs.ini and see if the program will start up then (if so, it will create a new ini file with all-default settings).  You're trying to run a program from 2002 in 2019 though, so hiccups are to be expected.

miltk:

--- Quote from: Daan van Rooijen on 2019-08-11 20:36:45 ---Maybe you should reinstall TP5. Or delete thumbs.ini and see if the program will start up then (if so, it will create a new ini file with all-default settings).  You're trying to run a program from 2002 in 2019 though, so hiccups are to be expected.

--- End quote ---

i think it might be a corrupt td4. i have to double check. all those error messages(several) were popping up one after the other threw me off. i just copied a td4 from another backup and it worked, sp i'm double-checking everything.

what does the thumbs.ini do?
will all my stuff run if i do a simple transfer from tp5 to tp11 or whatever the most popular version is? 5 is very old

Daan van Rooijen:

--- Quote ---what does the thumbs.ini do?
--- End quote ---

It stores many of your settings.

--- Quote ---will all my stuff run if i do a simple transfer from tp5 to tp11 or whatever the most popular version is? 5 is very old
--- End quote ---

Hopefully it will, but it has an all-new database format. You can download TP10 and use its Database | Convert TD4 function to see if your old database will continue to work.

miltk:

--- Quote from: Daan van Rooijen on 2019-08-13 12:36:05 ---
--- Quote ---what does the thumbs.ini do?
--- End quote ---

It stores many of your settings.

--- Quote ---will all my stuff run if i do a simple transfer from tp5 to tp11 or whatever the most popular version is? 5 is very old
--- End quote ---

Hopefully it will, but it has an all-new database format. You can download TP10 and use its Database | Convert TD4 function to see if your old database will continue to work.

--- End quote ---

what's the most recent version of tp that uses the same format as tp5, that i can download.

32bit windows7 can't use my current 64bit w7 database. i have to manually organized all the new images for the 32bit backup. the only reason i'm still using 32bit is my expensive scanner is 32bit

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version