All forums > General Discussion

uh-oh. backup computer not starting up tp5 properly

<< < (3/3)

Daan van Rooijen:

--- Quote ---what's the most recent version of tp that uses the same format as tp5, that i can download.
--- End quote ---

ThumbsPlus v7 Sp.2, download: http://www2.cerious.com/binaries/thmpls7sp2.exe

--- Quote ---32bit windows7 can't use my current 64bit w7 database.
--- End quote ---

Not sure what you mean here. The 32/64b difference applies to executable code (programs, drivers, etc), not to data.

miltk:

--- Quote from: Daan van Rooijen on 2019-08-13 14:10:30 ---
--- Quote ---what's the most recent version of tp that uses the same format as tp5, that i can download.
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Not sure what you mean here. The 32/64b difference applies to executable code (programs, drivers, etc), not to data.

--- End quote ---

for some reason when i copy td4 from 64bit to 32bit. both lenovo w7 pro. different models but otherwise both w7 pro, the new additional images have to be manually categorized. also, the galleries tab in the image properties are all blank. anyway, just a curiosity because i only use the 32bit for the scanner. all my other backups(64bit...i have SEVERAL computers backing up very important TP images) are fine when i copy the td4. it's just this one 32bit that's not syncing.

miltk:

--- Quote from: Daan van Rooijen on 2019-08-13 14:10:30 ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

ok. this is making me wonder if maybe there's a wrong setting or something.

here's what i do. say i've added 10 images to my source folder in the main computer and had them categorized in my "galleries".

i'll copy both the 10 images and the td4.
then i'll go over to my backup computers, add the 10 images, and replace the old td4 with the latest one.
that is all i'm doing. all the 64bit w7's are fine but when i do the same to my 32bit windows7 the 10 images aren't categorized and the properties/galleries tab in any of the 10 images is blank, so i do it manually.

maybe there's a setting that's not right??

--- End quote ---

Daan van Rooijen:

--- Quote from: miltk on 2019-08-14 02:45:17 ---then i'll go over to my backup computers, add the 10 images, and replace the old td4 with the latest one.
that is all i'm doing. all the 64bit w7's are fine but when i do the same to my 32bit windows7 the 10 images aren't categorized and the properties/galleries tab in any of the 10 images is blank, so i do it manually.
--- End quote ---

(Again, nothing to do with 32 vs 64 bits).

Are you sure that, on the backup computer, ThumbsPlus is actually using the database that you copied to it? The database name is shown in the title bar of the program and its location should be shown under Help | System Information | Database Path (if v5 already had that dialog screen.. I don't recall, but v7 sure does).

Then, are you sure that the drive on the backup PC to which you have copied the 10 images, has the same volume label and folder structure as the drive in the computer on which the TD4 was originally made? If not, TP cannot match the files that it finds in that folder to the corresponding thumbnail records.

miltk:
sorry for the late reply. i forgot.

anyway, i always make sure the volume label is the same. everything else is a check and double check

if you can get past the watermark, take a look at the system help "platform". it says XP. this is a 32bit w7 os

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version