Author Topic: Save startup options gone  (Read 3392 times)

arminus

Save startup options gone
« on: 2016-12-19 15:11:04 »
Hi,

I recently upgraded to ThumbsPlus 10 and just noticed that I can't get 2 databases to work as they used to work with ThumbsPlus 7. With the older version, I opened 2 databases by double clicking on the respective .td4 files and each of them remembered their previous folder (e.g. one C:\Work, the other databases previous folder c:\Private)

With ThumbsPlus 10, I can only get it to open the previously open folder (when double clicking the .tpdb8 files), and that is in 50% of the cases wrong. I also noticed that Options->Save Startup Options seems to be gone in ThumbsPlus 10.

So the question is: How can I tell ThumbsPlus 10 to automatically open folder A for database A and folder B for database B?

Thanks,
Armin

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2016-12-19 22:33:25 »
Yes, unfortunately that's correct. There are no longer separate .tdo settings files for each database. The startup folder setting has been moved to this section of thumbs10.ini:

[Startup]
StartupFolder=

Which means that you can now set only one startup folder. The best solution is probably to make your most often used folder the startup folder, and the other a 'Favorite' (Tree | Add to Favorites) so you can still jump to it quickly (by clicking on the big yellow star at the top of the tree panel, or through Tree | Go to).

For rather complicated workarounds that still let you launch TP with different startup folders, see the hints and suggestions in these previous discussions:

http://forums.cerious.com/forum/index.php?id=113
http://forums.cerious.com/forum/index.php?id=4385
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

arminus

« Reply #2 on: 2016-12-20 07:13:55 »
Thanks, the idea with patching ini file idea works for me, that's easier as writing an AHK script ;-)