Author Topic: Network volumes not displaying  (Read 3254 times)

Gq4l7w51mHbYzSLG

Network volumes not displaying
« on: 2016-11-17 03:00:30 »
I'm running Windows 10 Pro

I have a couple of volumes mapped from a Synology NAS, using CIFS.

The drives show up as mapped drives in the OS, when I double click on This PC from my desktop.

ThumbsPlus 7 shows both the mapped volumes as the correct letters, (L: and P:) and also as the \\\sharename.

ThumbsPlus 10 4011 does not display the mapped drives in either format, under This PC or Windows Network.

Perferences | Diska & Folders | Do not show the network branch is unchecked.

I don't know if it matters, but my database is MS SQL 2012.

Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks!

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2016-11-17 09:14:53 »
> Preferences | Diska & Folders | Do not show the network branch is unchecked.

In that same dialog, could 'exclude these drive letters' or 'only show folders with thumbnails' explain it?

Are you using a user account in Windows that has access to the network drives (have you tried launching TP10 as Admin)? Are you using any security software that removes network access from the current user or from ThumbsPlus 10?

The lower right corner of Options | Preferences | Thumbnails also holds several network-related settings, but I think they are irrelevant here.

When you look at the Location panel in ThumbsPlus, there's a box where you can type a location. Can you access the network volumes from there, using either the drive letter or UNC name?

If you have ever successfully thumbnailed any images from those drives in TP10, the drives should appear in the Volume table of your database.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Gq4l7w51mHbYzSLG

« Reply #2 on: 2016-11-17 16:39:46 »
Exclude drive letters is blank.

Only show folders with thumbnails is unchecked.

Running Thumbs Plus 10 as Administrator makes no difference.

If I type in a mapped driver letter or the UNC share name in the location panel and press Enter, nothing happens.

If I exit Thumbs Plus 10 and immediately run Thumbs Plus 7, without logging in as a different user, the mapped drives show up fine.

I have not been able to access the network shares with Thumbs Plus 10, only Thumbs Plus 7, so the Thumbs Plus 10 database has no thumbnails from the images on the network shares.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-11-17 17:10:05 »
This is really puzzling.. I think at this point you'd best contact support@cerious.com (put ThumbsPlus in the subject) to see if they can come up with other possible causes.

The only other thing that I can think of is if you use software like WinPatrol Enterprise, which can lock down the network for non-whitelisted programs.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.