Author Topic: Search by location (GPS data)  (Read 6078 times)

pie.photo

• View Profile
Search by location (GPS data)
« on: 2019-01-12 14:08:56 »
2 years ago I have written a feature request to support@cerious.com. I've got the answer that my wish sounds good and maybe it will be released in V11.
I want to post this e-mail here to say that my wish still is needed by me and hopefully by other TP users too.
-----------------
First I want to say you "many thanks for this excellent product! I am working with ThumbsPlus more than 10 years and I also recommended this program for archiving historical pictures of my home-city. There it runs fine since 9 years.

The only thing that I am missing is a function for searching photos by location. This is why I also have installed "Imabas" (http://www.pixandmore.de/produkte/imabas/gis.html).
Nearly all of my photos (and the photos of the archive of my home-city) have stored their GPS coordinates. With Imabas I can search photos by chossing a rectangular area of a map. Unfortunately this is not possible with ThumbsPlus. I would like to have only one database and ThumbsPlus for my purposes is clearly the better one.
Maybe that some day we can have this feature? It would make possible a very straigthforward workflow to me (and to others!?) Are there similar wishes from other ThumbsPlus users? (I hope so)
As every Smartphone, tablet and some new cameras have the ability to tag every photo with GPS data, it would be a very useful feature. It is not necessary to display every photo within a map. For me it is enough or even better only to draw a rectangular in a map (Open Street map or something else), press the find button and see the results in "Found Files".
-----------------------------------------------
The link of Imabas has changed within the last 2 years - it's now https://www.pixandmore.de/index.php?gis/

It would be very helpful too, if ThumbsPlus would have a feature to set GPS and location data. I am using GeoSetter for now and it works fine but it would be very nice if I could reduce the number of tools in my workflow.
Thank you!
Ernst

Street Mann

• View Profile
Re: Search by location (GPS data)
« Reply #1 on: 2019-01-18 15:39:19 »
That would be very cool ... even the ability to paste in all or part of the gps data  would be cool .. so you dont have to have the exact string but just the first part of it.