Author Topic: Can't print a gallery of photos  (Read 3516 times)

calmeida

• View Profile
Can't print a gallery of photos
« on: 2015-05-08 17:22:55 »
I am trying to print pictures with file names and comments in a particular order. I am able to "print catalog" from a folder containing the pictures. However this print only in alphabetical order. I have added the photos to a gallery and have changed and saved the order of photos. However, when I try to "print catalog" of the gallery, I get the following error: <5019> The background task failed with exception c0000005. Details have been written to the exception log.

Please help!!!

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2015-05-09 00:16:14 »
Hi Calmeida,

On the last page of the Print Catalog dialog, for 'Files to Process:' you can choose: 'Current folder', 'Current tree' or 'Selected Files'. Of these, only 'Selected Files' will print the files in the order that they are currently displayed in the thumbnail listing.

When you print from a gallery, the Folder and Tree options should not even work (well, they don't work for me. The options are shown but when I use them, I see an error in the task list and no catalog is printed).

So, my suggestion would be to print from the regular harddisk folder. First, put the thumbnail listing in the desired order, then select all files (Ctrl-A), then call the Print Catalog function and on its last page, specify 'Selected Files'.

Hopefully that will also avoid the error message that you got when you printed from a gallery.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

calmeida

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2015-05-11 16:52:55 »
THANK YOU!!!! It worked perfectly!