All forums > ThumbsPlus v10 Questions

Keywords doesn't get displayed

<< < (2/4) > >>

runner:

--- Quote from: Daan van Rooijen on 2021-01-04 11:47:23 ---Yes -- with images that are on a network, ThumbsPlus does use the server name as one of the properties to match the image files with the corresponding thumbnail records in the database.  However, my understanding is that this would be the name of the NAS, not that of the PC.

You could go to Options | Preferences | Tab:Thumbnails and see the section 'Volume matching strategy' (lower right). When you turn 'Match Network Drives Using Share Names' off, ThumbsPlus should use the volume label of the drive instead. Maybe that will solve the problem.

--- End quote ---

I have tried the tip. Unfortunately without success. Therefore I have set the UNC path again.

--- Quote from: Daan van Rooijen on 2021-01-04 11:47:23 ---With MDB Viewer Plus you should be able to edit the fields that you see.

If the above doesn't help..:

So, did you go to their folder? What is the name of the volume that the images are stored on, according to ThumbsPlus? Is it shown in grey letters, to indicate that the volume is no longer present? When you right-click on that volume and choose 'Volume Properties', it will show a comparison of its physical location and its database records. Something here may explain why the database records no longer match the physical volume.
--- End quote ---

Attached please find a view of the current volume setup. The properties are as shown.

I have also tested the search function. The keywords entered were recognized. In the directory "Found Files" the found images with keywords were displayed.

I am at a loss as to how to proceed. It seems to me that I get no improvement with this image management software. It's a shame after working with it for so many years.

Many thanks for the help so far  :)

runner:
So far I have accessed the image directory via the UNC path. TP also offers an "Offline Network/home on Lanstorage" directory which also contains my pictures directory. By chance I found this directory for the first time, where all directories of my NAS ("Lanstorage" is the name of my NAS) are stored. So also the pictures.

When I was browsing through the images, the keywords were displayed at the thumps!

I must say that this is all a bit confusing. I would like to know why once the keywords are displayed here and on my former old PC in the normal directory path?

It would be nice if the developer could contribute something to clarify....

Daan van Rooijen:

--- Quote from: runner on 2021-01-09 09:45:41 ---I have also tested the search function. The keywords entered were recognized. In the directory "Found Files" the found images with keywords were displayed.

I am at a loss as to how to proceed.
--- End quote ---

Well, as I suggested earlier:

"When one or more files have been found, open one in the viewer/editor and do File | Go to folder. This should take you to the folder where the file with the keyword was found and now you can check if the other files there have their keywords, too."

So, what folder does it take you to?

The volume information looks good. But it's strange that your old thumbnails can also be found under Offline Network, because that would indicate that the NAS is currently down... Or that your old thumbnails are no longer recognized as being from the NAS, but again, the volume information seems to match OK.

Earlier, I also asked: "Before proceeding, could you go to Options | Preferences | Thumbnails and turn 'make thumbnails automatically' off, if it isn't already off?"

So, was 'make thumbnails automatically' on or off?

runner:

--- Quote from: Daan van Rooijen on 2021-01-09 10:25:31 ---Well, as I suggested earlier:

"When one or more files have been found, open one in the viewer/editor and do File | Go to folder. This should take you to the folder where the file with the keyword was found and now you can check if the other files there have their keywords, too."

So, what folder does it take you to?

--- End quote ---

Afters searching by a keyword I switch to the "Fount Files" folder and open a picture in the view mode. Afterwards I use the line File|Go to Folder. That brings me back to the origin Folder every time.

--- Quote from: Daan van Rooijen on 2021-01-09 10:25:31 ---The volume information looks good. But it's strange that your old thumbnails can also be found under Offline Network, because that would indicate that the NAS is currently down... Or that your old thumbnails are no longer recognized as being from the NAS, but again, the volume information seems to match OK.

--- End quote ---

In case the NAS is down I get a message on start up that TP cannot find the database. If the NAS has started TP works well so far. During the session: If there is no access for 30 minutes, the connection is closed. With the next access, the NAS starts up again immediately.

--- Quote from: Daan van Rooijen on 2021-01-09 10:25:31 ---Earlier, I also asked: "Before proceeding, could you go to Options | Preferences | Thumbnails and turn 'make thumbnails automatically' off, if it isn't already off?"

So, was 'make thumbnails automatically' on or off?

--- End quote ---

The  'make thumbnails automatically' is OFF!

Attached some screens of preferences and the file trees with the general arrangement of my images

runner:
Next attachments: The file trees

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version