All forums > ThumbsPlus v10 Questions

How to Tag image in my gallery of choice (not Tagged Images)?

(1/1)

Connie:
I've spent the last 45 minutes trying to figure out how to Tag an image into my gallery called "Review", rather than the default (Tagged Images).  So far, I've not found a way to do this:  all my tags show up in the default Tagged Images folder.

I wanted to find a 'one-key' solution (like using INSert, but having it go to 'Review' vs. 'Tagged Images' gallery).  Is there a way to do this, or shall I give up and use the default? 

Thanks, Connie

Daan van Rooijen:

--- Quote from: Connie on 2020-08-28 09:51:12 ---I've spent the last 45 minutes trying to figure out how to Tag an image into my gallery called "Review", rather than the default (Tagged Images).
--- End quote ---

That's not possible. When you tag images, they're also put in a gallery for your convenience, but as you have found, you can't specify a different gallery than 'Tagged Images'.

--- Quote ---Is there a way to do this, or shall I give up and use the default?
--- End quote ---

The quickest way is probably to just tag (INS) the files one by one and then, when you're done, use Edit | Select By | Tagged (Ctrl-Alt-T) to select all the tagged files, and add them collectively to the gallery of your choice. Afterwards, use Ctrl-INS to clear the tags.

Or, try to find third party macroing software that you can use to automate the process. You would use that to record a set of keyboard and/or mouse actions (which would add the file under the cursor to the desired gallery) and assign that to a single key. This site offers some free recommendations, but there are probably more and newer options when you google around a bit: https://thegeekpage.com/17-free-macro-recorder-tools-to-perform-repetitive-tasks/

Connie:
Thank you, Daan.  Good info (as always), and it saved me from continuing to try & figure out how to do something that can't be done.  :) 

Connie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version