Author Topic: Web Page Wizard - missing scheme & style  (Read 3401 times)

Frolin Marek

• View Profile
Web Page Wizard - missing scheme & style
« on: 2014-02-06 20:07:19 »
Have found in ThumbsPlus v9, when I try to use the 'Web Page Wizard', that the feature no longer works.  

And appears to be due to a missing table option, when you first start the wizard, the first window is where you have two drop-down tables to select the... "Select Schema" and to "Web Page Style".  Even doing a preview does not work.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled v9.  Even uninstalled and did a new install of the recent V9 Build 3934, which has no effect, it still does not work.  These drop downs are blank, so it seems the wizard has no schema or style templates to use and create the page.

Any thoughts?

Frolin

Frolin Marek

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2014-03-05 17:30:59 »
- bump -

Anyone else seen this issue and found a fix for it?
Getting no response from Support at Cerious on various matters including this.

I miss the stability of Version 7...

Frolin Marek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-03-08 21:19:13 »
Wow - no support from Cerious after two calls and 4 emails...

Did not find the cause or fix, but got it fixed by uninstalling the currently updated Build 3935, then installing an older early Version 9 release.  Found the Wizard then had 'Web Page Style' options to pick from (drop down was empty before). Then re-updated to the current 3935 build.

So the way I got it fixed was, uninstall Version 9, go install an early release of v9 that worked, then update it to currently.  

I'm on a newer PC and had simply done a new install of current release at the time 3 months ago, which appears to have not installed 'styles'.  But removing and installing a much older, early version of 9 seems to have installed fine.

FYI
Frolin

mc1457

« Reply #3 on: 2014-04-06 12:12:51 »
Your post was a huge help. I uninstalled 3955 and installed 3922. Note that the uninstall (apparently) leaves the thumbs9.ini file in place. Mine had a different path for Styles and Webtemplates from an earlier install **which the reinstallation did not change**. I then had to edit the ini file to correct the paths. After fixing it and testing I was able to upgrade back to 3955.

So, Cerious needs to:
- on uninstallation ask the user if they want to remove old settings
- on reinstallation warn if customized paths exist in the ini file
- give the user some way of changing the settings without using a text editor (I could not find them in the config/options menus)
- fix builds 3955+ to install the styles and templates files

I also opened a ticket. I'll post an update in a week regarding what sort of response I get.

Frolin Marek

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-05-10 16:56:10 »
Appears the latest update, Build 3937, also has the same issue (and others).

It cleared out it's Webpage Wizard template files, so that it can not create web pages and thumbnails now as well.  Had the joy of uninstalling and the rebuilding TP+ 9 again.

Also during the 'uninstall' it says 'installing please wait'.  Funny...

Frolin