Author Topic: facebook not working?  (Read 3290 times)

Dewdman42

• View Profile
facebook not working?
« on: 2016-07-15 16:38:32 »
Is facebook support not working anymore?  I can connect with my facebook login...and the TP tree shows my name...with "Albums"  folder underneath it, but when I click on Albums...no thumbnails are displayed and no lower folders for each album either.

What is the secret to accessing facebook photos?  I wish to edit a facebook photo in place without losing the comments that have already been added there.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
facebook not working?
« Reply #1 on: 2016-07-15 18:04:16 »
It doesn't work well for me either, but I've always blamed that on my stubborn use of XP :)

I really doubt if Facebook allows in-place editing of images.. Just think of what could happen if someone has posted a funny cartoon that goes madly viral and then he replaces it with some type of banned content. I've never tried it back when Facebook support did work, but again I really doubt that you can overwrite an image file on the FB server.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Dewdman42

• View Profile
facebook not working?
« Reply #2 on: 2016-07-15 18:17:23 »
I thought the whole point of the TP facebook feature is that we can edit the photos in place, regardless of what facebook does not allow through their application.  I agree, I can see why they wouldn't generally want that, but on the other hand, if I want to upload a higher resolution version of the same photo or correct the contrast or something....I am currently unable to do it..  I was hoping TP could still do it.  As of now, I can't see that it works AT ALL with facebook as I can't see the thumbnails or anything.  I remember when I tried this feature a few years ago it worked.  This is the first time I have had a need to use it.