Author Topic: Problem with Keyboard / Active Tool Window  (Read 3347 times)

webazubi

• View Profile
Problem with Keyboard / Active Tool Window
« on: 2017-02-23 17:50:17 »
Hello again.
Since Vers. 10 or maybe bevore, I have a problem with keyboard functions. In earlier Thumbs-Version, it was possible, to select some thumbs, make an operation like "Turn 90°" and after that I had only to type an arrow-key and the selction was away. So I could go with arrow-keys to the next thumbs, make new selections ... Everything without the mouse.

In the actuel version of thumbs, nothing happend when I made an operation with some images and after that pressing an arrow-key.
The focus seems not set in the Thumbs-Overview-Window anymore. First I must press Str+TAB to select in the "Active Tool Window" to go back to the Thumbs-Window. I think the problem ist this "Active Tool Window", that changed the behavior of the keyboard.

Another example - maybe with the same reason - is if I delete a thumb from a gallery by pressing DELETE-Key. After that I must click again in the Thumbs-Windows or press Str+TAB for coming back to the thumbs windows.

Is ist possible to deactivate this, so that the focus / selection is like "old school"?
Or is there another way to set the focus easy to the Thumbs-Windows?
Or ist ist just my keyboard-problem and no other understand what I mean?

Thanks

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2017-02-23 18:58:08 »
I guess the question is: What causes the focus to be lost from the main window? Is it an "Are you sure?" type of message? If so, you can turn some of those messages off in Options | Preferences | Confirmations.

Having said that, I think I've seen focus getting lost too without such an apparent cause. But I'm mostly a 'mouse' user myself, so it didn't bother me.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

webazubi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-03-01 21:59:29 »
My "solution" ist to press the Windows-Key twice. Then the focus is back to the Thumbs-List.
Not fine. Maybe mouse is faster. Let's see.