Author Topic: Annimated gifs: Difference between opening and "spacing"  (Read 3538 times)

aslaksen

• View Profile
Hi,

If I click on an animated gif, it starts the animation. If I click on it, the animation stops, and if I use alt+pageUp/Down I can move forward/backward in the animation, and if I hit space, I move to the next picture. I can also use Edit->Split Pages. All very nice.

But if I hit space without first stopping the animation, nothing happens! I do not move to the next picture.

And if I have stopped the animation, there is no way to start it again, without reopening the file.

If I have a folder with a mix of various types pictuers, click on a jpg and then hit space to move to an animated gif, I end up on the last picture in the animation, instead of starting the animation.

I recently removed V7, so I cannot remember how it worked then.

To sum up, this is what I want.

1. I would like to be able to move to the next picture by hitting space without first stopping the animation.

2. I would like to be able to start the animation again by clicking on it again.

3. I would like to see the animation instead of the last picture when "spacing to" an animated gif.

Do other people prefer the current behavior, or is this a bug?

Helmer Aslaksen

Gary

• View Profile
Annimated gifs: Difference between opening and "spacing"
« Reply #1 on: 2014-10-15 08:26:15 »
>
> To sum up, this is what I want.
>
> 1. I would like to be able to move to the next picture by hitting space without first stopping the animation.
>
> 2. I would like to be able to start the animation again by clicking on it again.
>
> 3. I would like to see the animation instead of the last picture when "spacing to" an animated gif.
>
> Do other people prefer the current behavior, or is this a bug?
>

Helmer,

TP7 behaves the same way and IMHO, this is more of a bug than a feature.  I agree with the behavior you request - it is logical.

Cheers,
Gary

aslaksen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-10-15 08:37:38 »
Dear Gary,

Thanks for your support!

This is another example of something that I would think should be easy to fix.

I hope TP is listening!

Helmer

Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-10-15 12:20:53 »
Dear Helmer,

"I hope TP is listening!"

You are so funny!  It appears they are completely deaf, so I've come to the conclusion that Cerious has no intention of fixing any of the issues we've presented.

Cheers,
Gary

aslaksen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-10-15 14:03:04 »
The mystery is that they seem to be doing a lot of things. Is there some parallel universe of TP users who are very interested in the things that get fixed in all the SPs and betas and releases, and which Cerious is listening to? Or are they just fixing what they themselves think is important? Here we are lot of die-hard TP fans who seem totally abandoned. Big companies can afford to ignore customers, but I'm surprised at Cerious. :-(

Helmer