Author Topic: TP9SP2 looks promising! (But still some issues.)  (Read 3032 times)

aslaksen

• View Profile
TP9SP2 looks promising! (But still some issues.)
« on: 2014-09-27 04:02:28 »
HI everybody,

Thanks to Daan, I've now sorted out my black margins problems. It turns out that I hadn't explored all the settings, but I do think that the default was strange. By the way, when I set it to 1x1, TP changes it to 80x64, but I can live with that.)

I also see that several other problems have been fixed. TP9SP2 does not reset my Thumbs9.typ file when I update. Earlier versions of TP8&9 cut that file after 200 lines. Will have to test if it still does that, but now I don't have to fiddle with that file every time I update.

In the past, when I added file types, I had to first select the row, before I could click on the + to expand. This has now been fixed! (This was also a problem with my beloved V7, so it is a real step forward!)

However, I still have some comments, questions and problems.

1. TP9 does not store TWAIN settings. This is super annoying! How hard can this be to fix?

2. Numeric keyboard shortcuts for sort order are gone except for Alt-Backspace. I use those a lot. Yes, there are buttons to click, but I'm a keyboard shortcuts kind of guy.

3. When I view videos, there is a capture current frame button. Where is it supposed to save the caps? And what does split frame mean?

4. If I click on a video, it opens up nicely. However, I'm not able to move to the next by hitting space. (This worked in V7). If I have a mix of pictures and videos, click on a picture and then space forward to a video, it comes up in a different player, which does not have any control slides or buttons! This one allows me to space forward, though.

I realize that 3 and 4 could have something to do with DirectShow and other stuff I have installed, but it did work in TP7.

Thanks!

Helmer Aslaksen

Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2014-09-27 13:05:04 »
> In the past, when I added file types, I had to first select the row, before I could click on the + to expand. This has now been fixed! (This was also a problem with my beloved V7, so it is a real step forward!)
>
> However, I still have some comments, questions and problems.
>
> 1. TP9 does not store TWAIN settings. This is super annoying! How hard can this be to fix?
>
> 2. Numeric keyboard shortcuts for sort order are gone except for Alt-Backspace. I use those a lot. Yes, there are buttons to click, but I'm a keyboard shortcuts kind of guy.
>
> 3. When I view videos, there is a capture current frame button. Where is it supposed to save the caps? And what does split frame mean?
>
> 4. If I click on a video, it opens up nicely. However, I'm not able to move to the next by hitting space. (This worked in V7). If I have a mix of pictures and videos, click on a picture and then space forward to a video, it comes up in a different player, which does not have any control slides or buttons! This one allows me to space forward, though.
>
> I realize that 3 and 4 could have something to do with DirectShow and other stuff I have installed, but it did work in TP7.

Helmer,

So nice to see someone else report fixes/issues.  Here are some comments regarding your post ...

Settings|File Types - I found that clicking the right side of the +/- box or along the connecting dots always expands/collapses the item.  This appears to be true in TP7 and TP9.

#2 - Agree with your take here.  Alt+0 works to sort similar, but I really miss Alt+1 to sort by name.

#3 - The video handling is not complete (obviously).  In addition, Alt+0 will sort video files by similarity (tough to actually test), but Find Similar simply returns Msg 5032 (no dupes found).  Both Alt+0 and Find Similar work in TP7.

I doubt #3 & 4 have anything to do with DirectShow (I also have that installed).  I think the video and audio processing are just not finished in TP9.

Cheers,
Gary

laser2sail

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-09-29 12:13:06 »
I've a few submitted reports, reviewing in my spare time. Close edited image without a save appears to be fine, as does screwy fonts on an XP system. As I've both Win81 and XP systems, I want the same version running on both. Also, search for similar appears quicker, as does scan tree.