Author Topic: Different Databases having different startup folders  (Read 3475 times)

copperxray

• View Profile
I like to know if it possible to have multiple databases each having it's own startup folder when opened?  So far whatever the initial folder is set, that folder opens up on each database.

Using TP Pro v9SP1, on Windows 8.1

I was using v7 of TP Pro on another computer running XP.  It was possible to do the above.

CX

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Different Databases having different startup folders
« Reply #1 on: 2014-07-26 04:30:04 »
> I like to know if it possible to have multiple databases each having it's own startup folder when opened?

No, that's no longer possible. It worked with v7 because v7 stored the working folder in a database specific configuration file (.tdo) that is no longer used.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

copperxray

• View Profile
Different Databases having different startup folders
« Reply #2 on: 2014-07-26 04:45:32 »
Thanks for the quick reply. What a disappointment on upgrades these days taking away features instead of improving them.   Looks like ver9 of TP Pro will be the end of a great Era since I started at ver3. Skipped ver8 though.

CX

IlseKasten

• View Profile
I work wDifferent Databases having different startup folders
« Reply #3 on: 2014-07-26 05:20:54 »
As a workaround I start the databases with a link to the Database. The basic settings and the startup folder are the same for all databases.
Sample: "C:\Program Files (x86)\ThumbsPlus9\Bin\Thumbs9.exe" "d:\Eigene Bilder\Bilder.TPDB8"

copperxray

• View Profile
Databases need multiple start-u folders after opening
« Reply #4 on: 2014-07-26 15:42:01 »
Thanks IlseKasten:  I think you misunderstood what I was asking. Or I may be misunderstanding what you just wrote. It is not the database location where the Startup folder is at.

EX: When opening "Fuji-Database", the Startup folder is "FUJI". When opening the "Sony-Database". The Startup folder would be "Sony".
This is what I require, but sad that it was taken away.

Cx

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-07-26 15:47:15 »
> This is what I require, but sad that it was taken away.

If it's really important, you could consider this solution:
http://forums.cerious.com/forum/index.php?id=3623
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

copperxray

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014-07-26 16:11:45 »
To Daan van Rooijen: You understand my issue.  I took a look at the suggested work around and it is to complex, plus it would revert back once a configuration change was done, if I understood it correctly.

Thanks for pointing out the work around.

CX