Author Topic: jpg plus raw thumbnail duplication  (Read 2624 times)

avpman

jpg plus raw thumbnail duplication
« on: 2014-03-13 15:10:41 »
Sometimes I shoot RAW and JPG files simultaneously. Is there anyway to have TP automatically display only a single thumbnail instead of one for each? I know I can turn off the the file type(s.) But sometimes I only shoot JPG and sometimes I only shoot RAW. I don't want to be constantly changing the file types. This is especially not a good workaround when child folders may contain a mix of file types.

Adobe Lightroom automatically shows just one thumbnail when there is a JPG and a RAW present. I assume it uses the first part of the filename to determine there would be duplicate thumbnails.

Thanks in advance.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
jpg plus raw thumbnail duplication
« Reply #1 on: 2014-03-13 18:25:37 »
No, one of the beauties of ThumbsPlus, I think, is that it shows you all the files of whatever types and filenames that you have chosen to see. In my opinion, a feature like you describe from Lightroom where one thumbnail can represent multiple files would only create confusion.

Anyway, you don't have to go into the filetype definitions to hide one particular type. You can just type *.jpg in the filename mask box above the thumbnail listing (to the right of the funnel). Or use "*.jpg;*.nef" when you want to see both. Whatever you enter will be remembered for future re-use in the pulldown thingy. To reset it to 'selected types' you can click on the funnel.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.