Author Topic: Comments, annotations, keywords - where have they gone?  (Read 2730 times)

kdaube

• View Profile
I use Thumbs Plus since 1996 - hence my database has made several conversions. Now in v9 sp1 i discover the miss of all my comments/annotations and most keywords are gone.
I have looked into the db with MS Access 11 and see all my keywords, but no comments.

How to get this information back into view? Especially the comments/annotations are a great miss, because there i noted the source of images etc.

kdaube

• View Profile
Comments, annotations, keywords - where have they gone?
« Reply #1 on: 2014-10-15 09:14:47 »
Further investigation reveals: everything is OK
    [*]Neither the annotations nor the 'private' keywords are gone! All data is still there.
    [*]The first start of TP9 SP1 requested to open a database - and obviously I made an error in createing a new database - none of the thumbnails did exist and hence I had to create them anew.
    [*]In this new data base - it was stored in the program folder and not in the main image folder - keywords were extracted from images (due to default settings). This gave me impression that my 'privately assigned' keywords had been removed. And of course in this new data base no Annotations could be present.
    [*]Opening the database from the main image folder - the one I maintain - shows that all data still exist!
    [/list]
    So the whole issue is a 'user error'.

Thanks for listening