Author Topic: Slideshow doesn't show text info  (Read 2656 times)

LorettaYeo

• View Profile
Slideshow doesn't show text info
« on: 2014-09-26 14:27:18 »
I'm using ThumbsPlus Pro v. 9, SP1 build 3938.  Not sure when this started, but I just noticed it today.  Can't believe it's been like this since I installed the update though.

I've always had my slideshow set for a gray background and black text, with filename and sequence number in the bottom left corner.  It's not there anymore.

I tried swapping the background and text colors, and moving the text to the top, but in no case is the text visible.

OK, so this is what fixed it for now.  Instead of using the eyedropper to select black (I usually take the color from the bulb of the eyedropper itself), I switched the tab to palette and clicked on the black square in the upper left corner.  I also clicked "Apply" instead of just OK.

Is this a bug?  I can't imagine how it could have changed, as this is a setting I've used for years.  Usually if an update resets defaults (that happens a lot!) I notice it in the first session and restore my preferences right away.

LorettaYeo

• View Profile
Slideshow doesn't show text info
« Reply #1 on: 2014-10-11 17:14:34 »
OK, well that fix didn't last.  The filename and sequence number are gone from my slideshows again.

In addition, there is now a menu bar and status bar on the screen, whether or not it is in full screen view.  It should always be full screen, but now I have to toggle it from a "slideshow" window.  I tried changing the text and background colors.  The background changed but there is still no text.

Could this be due to a preferences file being corrupt?  PLEASE tell me everything isn't in one file.  I'd hate to have to re-do all my settings, including my custom shortcuts because this is screwed up.