Author Topic: Missing Exif data for raw image  (Read 2593 times)

azed

Missing Exif data for raw image
« on: 2013-09-07 10:00:24 »
I'm using:  T+ 7 Sp2 with the latest digicam and dcraw plugins (that support my camera).  Camera is Sony a300 dslr, shooting native raw format .arw.  When I load the raw images into T+, the exif data (specifically the exposure data) is missing in 1) the info tab in the lower left part of the T+ window when selecting a thumbnail, and 2) the info tab is missing in the file properties windows when right-clicking on a thumbnail.  And of course any conversion to a different image format perpetuates the missing exif data.

I know the exif data is still associate with the raw image because loading the .arw raw image into Picture Window Pro displays the exif exposure data

One other fact, it I shoot jpg in the camera and load it into T+, all of the exif exposure data appears as it should in all locations.

Do I have a wrong setting somewhere?  Wrong T+ version?

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Missing Exif data for raw image
« Reply #1 on: 2013-09-07 15:51:05 »
I've downloaded a Sony A300 .arw file and sadly can't get it to work either.

From reports that I read elsewhere about other programs' troubles reading A300 exif data, I suspect that DCRAW (which both the DCRAW plugin and Digicam, and a ton of other raw-capable software, are based on) doesn't support it. If other programs do support it, they may have reverse engineered the format, or Sony has supplied the required code to them.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.