Author Topic: TP10 says something about Ghostscript?  (Read 3370 times)

shd

TP10 says something about Ghostscript?
« on: 2016-01-12 13:48:37 »
pdf files show as a sort of icon and when they are clicked it says 'unable to locate Ghostscript dll' could someone please tell me how to put this right if possible? (and no geek speak!). Sheila

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2016-01-12 19:36:09 »
> pdf files show as a sort of icon and when they are clicked it says 'unable to locate Ghostscript dll' could someone please tell me how to put this right if possible? (and no geek speak!). Sheila

Ghostscript is a third-party (but freeware-like) program that converts PDFs to bitmaps that TP can handle. However, Cerious can not distribute it with ThumbsPlus due to legal limitations and so you have to download and install it yourself. Download link to latest version:

http://downloads.ghostscript.com/public/gs918w32.exe

Once you have installed Ghostscript, launch TP and go to Options | Ghostscript PS-EPS-PDF and enter the path to your gsdll32.dll file (in my case it is C:\Program Files\gs\gs8.64\bin\gsdll32.dll).

When done, select a PDF file and thumbnail (F3) it and/or open it (Enter) to see if it works.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

shd

« Reply #2 on: 2016-01-12 19:59:20 »
Thankyou!  mine comes under programs x86 (win7), not sure if the 64 bit one works or not but thought I would play safe and follow your guide and did the 32bit - quick rescan of folders and bingo 99% now back woohoo! I guess the ones that don't are a bit odd/too big, whatever - I can live with that! 5* service :)

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-01-12 20:18:00 »
Yes, 32-bit is needed because TP itself is a 32-bit program too. Good to hear that it worked!
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.