All forums > ThumbsPlus v10 Questions

iPhone images folder in windows explorer

<< < (2/2)

multinaturalist:
I'm having the same problem with a Google Pixel XL phone. Windows Explorer shows the phone fine. I could not drag & drop a JPG image onto TP. I manually set TP as the default App for JPG files through the Windows Explorer JPG image properties dialog. (Windows 10 Settings would not even show TP as an App to permit this change).

While I still couldn't drag & drop onto TP, I could double click a JPG image on my phone using Windows Explorer to open it in the TP Viewer.

But when I clicked on "Go To Folder" from the TP Viewer, this is where it took me in the TP folder tree:
C:\Users\yecal\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\37IYBT05

TP still did not see or register my phone properly.

Daan van Rooijen:

--- Quote from: multinaturalist on 2019-09-15 20:21:09 ---But when I clicked on "Go To Folder" from the TP Viewer, this is where it took me in the TP folder tree:
C:\Users\yecal\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\37IYBT05
--- End quote ---

Are you positive that this file was stored on your phone's internal memory and not in the cloud?

I know that many devices only work with native Windows Explorer but not with applications that use Explorer functionality. So, that might be the cause and in that case, I don't think there's anything that can be done about it.

Things that I would still try:

- Switch the Pixel to a different file transfer mode (as explained here: https://tunecomp.net/google-pixel-windows-10-this-folder-is-empty/ ) and don't launch TP until after you've made that switch.

- See if there are Pixel drivers for Windows 10 that enable access from more applications than Explorer only.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version