Author Topic: Database error 1305*42S02  (Read 3580 times)

JeanPaulo

• View Profile
Database error 1305*42S02
« on: 2017-11-30 02:51:20 »
I am trying Thumbplus V10, as I kept some .td4 files that were wery practical to find duplicate images. (This is the 'raison d'être' de Thumbplus!

I found out how to migrate the bases, and that it is not possible to open directly differents bases. I coul live with that.

But before I ever buy it, the 'find similar images' fails with a message <5015-8033>
saying (in french) Odbc access cannot found 'Foundlists' table. Insure that it exists and is correctly spelled.

Error message image uploaded.

This is my main motice to buy the product. If this does not work, Thumb 10 is useless for me.

Regards, JeanPaulo.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2017-11-30 05:39:34 »
If the td4-converter in the program does not make a Foundlists table, I'm afraid that there is nothing that you can do to fix this (without manually messing with the database structure).

Are the image files still on this computer? If so, it would probably be better to re-scan those into a new database.

Or, maybe you could re-install your older version of ThumbsPlus and use that? Most older software works OK on newer Windows versions as long as you install it in a dedicated folder (for instance, C:\THUMBS7), and NOT in C:\Program Files. However, if you should do this, I would be careful never to use system folders like My Documents, Fonts, Desktop (etc.) in ThumbsPlus.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

JeanPaulo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-11-30 13:48:16 »
> If the td4-converter in the program does not make a Foundlists table, I'm afraid that there is nothing that you can do to fix this (without manually messing with the database structure).
>
> Are the image files still on this computer? If so, it would probably be better to re-scan those into a new database.

No, most of the images are on CD's that were logged in TD4. It would be a very large job to relog them. Also, I tried several options for 'new' base, and the thumbs were not showing at all when scanning the directory. May be I am lost in those options, as in many 'better' versions of programs, like Winzip 25 vs 10.
>
> Or, maybe you could re-install your older version of ThumbsPlus and use that?

That version is not available anymore for me on this system.

Too bad. I liked this software. I am going to remove the test version.

Thanks for for your help.

Regards, JeanPaulo.