Author Topic: Start up Splash Screen  (Read 5470 times)

JoeVA63

• View Profile
Start up Splash Screen
« on: 2020-01-13 16:30:22 »
I have looked in the Thumbs menus and i have been looking for a way to disable the start up screen for ThumbsPlus 10. 

Does anyone know if this is possible?  I can't seem to find a way to do it.  I just want to open the program without it displaying.

I work on 2 monitors and I have the program open on 1 monitor, BUT, when I first start the program, the start up splash screen appears for a second or so on the other monitor and sometimes disrupts what I am doing on my other screen before the program opens on my second screen.

Thanks in advance!

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Start up Splash Screen
« Reply #1 on: 2020-01-13 17:36:56 »
Try: Options | Preferences | Startup | Minimize startup progress display

I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

JoeVA63

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-01-14 18:10:53 »
That did it!!  I knew it had to be there and I just kept missing it when I looked through the start up menu.  I must have looked at it 100 times!  Thanks a lot for your help!

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2020-01-14 22:01:17 »
Good to hear and you're welcome!

JoeVA63

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-01-15 05:38:20 »
Here's another one for you.  I have been looking for a way to back up my ThumbsPlus settings in the event of some kind of catastrophe.  Is there any way either within Thumbs itself, or via registry entries, my personal settings can be backed up in the event I need to reinstall Thumbs?

I have a couple programs where I can save via the registry, the settings I have for those programs, but I searched through the Program and Registry and I can't seem to find anything.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2020-01-15 09:40:18 »
In TP, go to Help | System Info and look for your Preferences Path. That is the location where your configuration files can be found. Their extensions are .INI , .CONFIG, .VCONFIG and .TP_PLUGCFG. You can save those or just backup the whole folder.

In the registry, look for Cerious and you'll find a number of entries that you could save including your license data.

JoeVA63

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2020-01-15 18:43:45 »
DAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!

You are a Thumbs God!

Thanks so much!  I backed up the file folders.  There seems to me quite a few Registry entries for Thumbs, and I think it's just easier when doing a new/clean install to just use my registration key (1 step verses many).

As for the specific file path, I copied everything in the folder and it looks like all i have to do after installing is copy that info back to the specific path, and probably give my pc a quick reboot to make sure they go into effect.  Although that might not be necessary.  Perhaps just close and reopen Thumbs after copying the back up files might do the trick.

Once again thanks for your help!

Beer & Pizza on me if our paths ever cross!  Or anything else you like!