Author Topic: Can't See Thumbs  (Read 3755 times)

blk

• View Profile
Can't See Thumbs
« on: 2013-10-31 20:43:39 »
I used to open a set of pictures within TP and the thumb nails would begin to display on the desktop interface of TP.  This enabled me to scan the set, see which were horizontal or vertical pics, select the ones I wanted from the set and copy the selected pics to another folder to work on.  Now when I open a set all I see is a bunch of red X's.  If I don't have the ability to browse all of the pics quickly this is worthless.  I can't figure out what went wrong.  Below is what I see.  Does anyone know how to resolve this?

mschnell

• View Profile
Can't See Thumbs
« Reply #1 on: 2013-11-01 04:10:21 »
Did you move from TP7 to TP9 ?

In that case you would need to convert the existing database to the new format.

Do you usually have Auto-creation of Thumbnails enabled ? (I don't like it, but some do.) With auto-creation on, TP will create thumbnails for all files in the folder that is currently displayed. If it is off you need to select the files you  want thumbnails for and press F3.

-Michael

blk

• View Profile
Can't See Thumbs
« Reply #2 on: 2013-11-01 19:49:16 »
I did go from TP7 to TP9.  How do I convert the database or whatever?

I had auto thumbs on, then off.  Tried the select then f3, still no thumbs.  Aargh.

blk

• View Profile
Can't See Thumbs
« Reply #3 on: 2013-11-01 19:59:10 »
I also completely uninstalled TP7 just in case that was causing the problem or eating up space.  Nothing I've done is working.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Can't See Thumbs
« Reply #4 on: 2013-11-01 21:08:53 »
Maybe your database is in a (subfolder of) a read-only system folder such as Program Files. If it can't be written to, no thumbnails can be made (see Help | System Info | Database Path).

You can create a new database elsewhere through Database | New. When you have done that and it works, you can use Options | Preferences | Startup to make the new database your Initial Database (i.e. the one loaded when ThumbsPlus is launched).
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

mschnell

• View Profile
Can't See Thumbs
« Reply #5 on: 2013-11-03 05:05:13 »
Uninstalling TP7 is not a good idea.

Converting the TP7 database is easy using the menu: Database -> advanced -> convert TD4.

-Michael

maeserus

Can't See Thumbs
« Reply #6 on: 2014-01-03 14:34:57 »
Just create a new database, it worked for me.