Author Topic: TAB key functionality  (Read 5954 times)

JMLobert

• View Profile
TAB key functionality
« on: 2018-02-25 16:06:47 »
In version 7, I was able to switch between panes, e.g., between folder list and  thumbnail list with the TAB key. That does not appear to work in V 10 (latest version). Was that removed, any chance to make that work again, something wrong on my system?

Windoze 10, TP 10b1 4011

Thanks - Jurgen

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
TAB key functionality
« Reply #1 on: 2018-02-25 16:25:58 »
Sadly, that seems to have been removed. Note that this is a user-to-user forum, so, for suggestions to Cerious, you'd probably best contact them by email.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Gary

• View Profile
TAB key functionality
« Reply #2 on: 2018-02-25 21:49:28 »
I am using Win7+TP10/SP2/4013.  Ctrl+Tab brings up a pane box ... you can continue to Ctrl+Tab to the pane you want then let go.  Shift+Ctrl+Tab works backwards.

Hope this is helpful.
Gary

JMLobert

• View Profile
TAB key functionality
« Reply #3 on: 2018-02-25 22:03:05 »
Thanks Gary. Very awkward and it leaves out the older pane, which is the most important. I submitted a support ticket for this.

Gary

• View Profile
TAB key functionality
« Reply #4 on: 2018-02-25 22:14:01 »
I agree is it very awkward.  Version 7 is a single window with panes, so the tab key worked between the panes.  Version 10 creates a window for each pane so the tab key no longer works as expected.  I rather doubt this can be changed based on the way the TP10 GUI is laid out.

Also, what do you mean by "leaves out the older pane"?

Cheers,
Gary

JMLobert

• View Profile
TAB key functionality
« Reply #5 on: 2018-02-25 23:45:34 »
Folder, not older. :) But I just saw that they call it the LOCATION window, it is included.

If the GUI is, indeed, multiple windows, I can see why that won't work any longer, although I have never seen multiple windows contained in one Windoze frame. That is definitely not an improvement...

Gary

• View Profile
TAB key functionality
« Reply #6 on: 2018-02-26 11:32:21 »
Ah, glad you figured out Location.  It confused me at first as well.

I think the idea with TP10 is that you can place the individual "windows" anywhere you want. But I prefer the way TP7 worked.  If I could figure out a way to use the SQlite database with TP7, I would stop using TP10.

One of the more frustrating changes in TP10 is the elimination of the ALT+num to sort the thumbnails.  ALT+0 works to sort by similarity, but it is the only one that still works.

JMLobert

• View Profile
TAB key functionality
« Reply #7 on: 2018-02-26 14:20:49 »
Yeah, V7 had many advantages, such as handling of meta files and it was overall more intuitive or perhaps I just got used to the quirks. The only reason why I switched is that there are problems with network drive access and stability. It's outdated technology, but the redesign introduced other problems and new quirks needing to get used to... When it comes to software, I've been perpetually frustrated over companies constantly trying to "fix" what isn't broken. Microsoft is a champion at that. Shuffle around all links and hide stuff 3 layers deep, but then pop up the exact same dialog box that we had in Windows 2000. Time waster.