Author Topic: Out of memory error message  (Read 3359 times)

Teched

• View Profile
Out of memory error message
« on: 2016-11-13 18:29:33 »
My neighbor is using your ThumbsPlus V10. She swears she hasn't changed any settings but all of her thumbnails are gone. I can see her pictures using the Windows Photo program.
I told ThumbsPlus to scan her Tree and Disk. In the bottom right pane it shows it is scanning, but it jumps from 33%, 66%, then 100% and then there is a yellow !. When I click on the icon I get the following error message:

<7505> UNZIP D:\Burson Profile\Program Files (x86)\OpenOffice 4\share\config\images_brand.zip: Library out of memory
<7505> UNZIP D:\Burson Profile\Program Files (x86)\OpenOffice 4\share\config\images_brand.zip: Library out of memory

Can someone please tell me what is wrong and how to fix it for her.

Thank you

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2016-11-13 20:27:14 »
This sounds like two separate problems. First:

> My neighbor is using your ThumbsPlus V10. She swears she hasn't changed any settings but all of her thumbnails are gone.

This could happen if she made a new thumbnail database, if she moved her images to a different drive or folder or renamed the folder(s) (not using TP), or if a program other than TP was used to give her drive a different volume label (so that TP would no longer recognize it as one for which it has thumbnails in its database).

Or, maybe the thumbnails are still there but the display filter (funnel icon above the thumbnail listing) is set to a file pattern or selection that doesn't match anything.

> I told ThumbsPlus to scan her Tree and Disk. In the bottom right pane it shows it is scanning, but it jumps from 33%, 66%, then 100% and then there is a yellow !.

It looks like TP stumbled over an incompatible or excessively large zip-file there.

If your neighbor does not need the ability to scan image files that are stored inside zip files, I'd recommend turning off "Options | Preferences | Disks & Folders | Display ZIP files as folders". Then they will be ignored and this error should no longer occur.

If these suggestions don't help, don't hesitate to let me know. In that case it would be helpful if you mention:

- The number of thumbnail records and the total file size shown under Database | Statistics
 - The Database Path shown under Help | System Info.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Teched

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-11-14 20:11:41 »
First, thank you for taking the time to post some suggestions.

I worked on her computer today. I deleted all the ThumbsPlus databases I could find. Then I restarted THumbsPlus, it said there was an error because of no database. it asked if I wanted to start a new one. I answered yes and choose a location on the data drive. Then I started a disk scan.

Everything started fine and it works great.

Thank you for all your help.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-11-14 20:58:40 »
Glad to hear that it's working again. However, that problem with the zip file is one that might come back, so I'd still suggest turning the zip-files-as-folders option off (unless the neighbor really needs it).
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Teched

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-11-14 22:54:02 »
Thank you. I will check the setting and change it.