Author Topic: WARNING on SP2 Beta 1  (Read 4153 times)

Gary

• View Profile
WARNING on SP2 Beta 1
« on: 2014-09-17 17:57:13 »
I have found that trying to rename a folder causes serious problems.  I highlight a folder and press Shift+F5 to rename.  Using the backspace key in rename changes the thumbnails displayed in the thumbnail pane.  Using the delete key in rename deletes files or folders depending what is displayed in the thumbnail pane.

I am removing this damn program from my system and thankfully I backup my files.

I would not ask someone else to confirm this but DO YOU TEST THIS STUFF?????

Update:  was able to retrieve the files from the recycle bin.

ducky

• View Profile
WARNING on SP2 Beta 1
« Reply #1 on: 2014-09-18 11:07:10 »
Same for me. Deleted this way several files unawares. Luckily I also could retrieve these files from my backup.

Gary

• View Profile
WARNING on SP2 Beta 1
« Reply #2 on: 2014-09-18 11:57:34 »
Glad you were able to retrieve the files.

Cerious needs to withdraw this beta NOW and issue a warning to customers.  This is ridiculous (even for a beta product) and should have been caught in testing before ever being released to customer base.  What else is lurking?

Laura Shook

• Administrator
    • View Profile
WARNING on SP2 Beta 1
« Reply #3 on: 2014-09-18 14:40:57 »
While we do see a problem files are not being lost! The folder is created regardless of the issue and we can not duplicate losing anything at all!

There will be a new BETA tomorrow.

Kind regards,
Laura Shook
Cerious Software, Inc.

Gary

• View Profile
WARNING on SP2 Beta 1
« Reply #4 on: 2014-09-18 15:10:26 »
FILES ARE POTENTIALLY LOST!  They go to the recycle bin.  They ARE being deleted!  I don't care what you say.  They are deleted!  If one is not paying attention and empties the recycle bin, the files are GONE!

Go to you folder tree.  Click on any folder.  Then Shift+F5 to rename it.  Position the cursor somewhere in the folder name and hit delete with the intention of deleting a character in the folder name.  The first entry in the thumbnail pane is deleted.  Keep hitting delete.  The entries in the thumbnail pane are deleted.  Nothing changes in the folder name.  But the folder is then possibly deleted depending on what was selected in the folder tree for rename.

This is using the "Like Version 7" theme with delete confirmation turned off.

I am sure I am coming off rude here, but I for one and sick and tired of the crap Cerious is turning out.  Since the superb TP7, it has been all down hill.  It is not like this is free software ... we are all paying license fees for versions that DO NOT WORK.  You have the gall to ask us to fund TP10 when TP8 was a complete mess and TP9 is not much better.  You folks need to bring TP9 up to the level of TP7 before you venture on to TP10.

Laura Shook

• Administrator
    • View Profile
WARNING on SP2 Beta 1
« Reply #5 on: 2014-09-18 15:14:52 »
Thank you so much for your continued support.

I will do more testing. Thank you for the report.

Laura Shook
Cerious Software, Inc.

Laura Shook

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Your support of Cerious Software
« Reply #6 on: 2014-09-18 15:17:06 »
Please e-mail me personally with your name and e-mail address so that I can find you in my records.

Laura Shook
Cerious Software, Inc.