Author Topic: Renaming glitch since v8  (Read 2972 times)

Frolin Marek

• View Profile
Renaming glitch since v8
« on: 2014-02-06 20:11:40 »
Have found a glitch in the renaming process for Photo files in Thumbsplus since version 8.  And it continues still with the recent V9 Build 3934.

What happens is when I rename a picture to a name that was used before, the rename takes but the preview thumbnail vanishes.

As example, I have Photo-1, Photo-2, Photo-3, -4 and -5, after some edits.  I decide I don't want to use  Photo-2  any more so I delete it.  I think go to rename  -3 to be Photo-2, and it takes the change then the thumbnail vanishes.  Then rename -4 to be -3, same thing.  And rename -5 to -4,  same thing.

The rename takes.  If I change folders, to another folder, then come back, the photos are there, -1 -2 -3 and -4.

Have reported several times to Cerious since v8, no fixes.
Anyone having or seen this issue?

Frolin

Gary

• View Profile
Renaming glitch since v8
« Reply #1 on: 2014-02-07 10:14:28 »
This issue has been reported many times and somewhat of a fix was introduced in one of the TP9 SP1 beta releases.  The rename error message was eliminated but the fundamental issue you describe still exists.  The suggested work around is to F5 after each file delete and/or rename.  This restores any thumbnails that disappeared and appears to reset some internal file name buffer.

Why can't this just be fixed?

Frolin Marek

• View Profile
Renaming glitch since v8
« Reply #2 on: 2014-03-05 17:29:28 »
- bump -
Looking to see if anyone else continues to have this issue and if there has been fixes to this bug, mentioned by Cerious?  It's been a bug since the initial release of Version 8, and seems to have been ignored / not fixed in every update since up to the current V9 3935 release.