Author Topic: Internal Video Player TP9-3928  (Read 3428 times)

Gary

• View Profile
Internal Video Player TP9-3928
« on: 2013-06-21 13:29:19 »
The internal video player is incomplete.  Many window buttons do nothing and the window is not properly sized.  Will all features be restored to the internal video player?

Cheers,
Gary

Laura Shook

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2013-07-10 15:03:51 »
Hi Gary,

Thanks for your support!

In v7 the movie interface was different. I like it in v9 better. You are correct that some of the options do not work. However all of the options in the v7 movie interface do work in v9. This issue is "other" options that are unique in the v9 interface do not always work. Some people have great luck with different codecs installed.

We are always working on the support for your movies. It is an area that changes often.

Maybe there are people here on the forums that use codecs. It would be great if they could lend some help.

Kind regards,
Laura Shook
Cerious Software, Inc.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-07-10 17:54:35 »
Laura: if you haven't already, you should give FFDShow Tryout a try. It allows you to play almost any conceivable multimedia file through the Directshow interface. I'm watching .webm, .flv and .mp4 files without problems in TP7 and TP9 and I never have to fiddle with codecs again.

http://ffdshow-tryout.sourceforge.net/
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-07-10 18:23:22 »
Laura,

I am not having trouble *playing* the video - I use the K-Lite Codecs pack for both 32-bit and 64-bit codecs files.  What I am having trouble with is getting the video frame buttons to work.  If the buttons are in the frame, such as MUTE, zoom and full frame, why don't they work?  When the video opens, it is a fixed window size that has no relation to the resolution of the video.  I disagree with you completely - TP7 interface is superior to the current implementation in TP9.

In TP7 I can use the spacebar to advance to the next video and backspace to go to the previous video.  These options do not work in TP9.

Please excuse me if I sound a bit testy, but it is frustrating that TP9 does not even provide all of the functionality of TP7 let alone provide new features of any significance aside from the new sqlite database.

Kind regards,
Gary

aslaksen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-07-16 10:52:14 »
Hi Gary,

Thanks for raising this. This has been bugging me, too. I use K-lite, and has no problem playing. The V7 video player was basic, but it worked. The V9 player has serious flaws. The most important is that the spacebar to advance to the next video and backspace to go to the previous video do not work in V9. This is really all I need. If want to watch a video, I have installed "open with" icons for various video players. But if I'm looking through a folder using the space bar, it is a problem if the space does not work with video.