Author Topic: Add keyword(s) to multiple thumbnails  (Read 4440 times)

BreezyKen

• View Profile
Add keyword(s) to multiple thumbnails
« on: 2020-02-17 15:09:47 »
I would like to add multiple keywords to selected thumbnails in one step.  I can do this by using the Image:Batch Edit MetaData, but that function puts the keywords in the XMP data file.  In Preferences:Keywords I have checked the XMP keywords box, but this still does not place keywords in the Thumbnail Properties:Keywords tab.  Is there a direct way to do this, or do I have to populate this tab one at a time?  I must be missing something.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Add keyword(s) to multiple thumbnails
« Reply #1 on: 2020-02-17 21:31:56 »
If you want to add regular keywords that are stored only in the database, use Ctrl-K.

You can do this with multiple selected files at once, and you can assign multiple keywords by separating them with semi-colons (no spaces).
« Last Edit: 2020-02-17 23:19:59 by Daan van Rooijen »
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

BreezyKen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-02-18 11:36:10 »
Thank You!  :)  That is just what I was looking for.  My searching turned up several related options, but that one alluded me.  There is an option in Preferences:Keywords to generate keywords from "Words in folder names" and "XMP keywords" which I have checked, but that does not seem to work as I expected.  Can you clarify these options?

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2020-02-18 16:29:57 »
Those options cause ThumbsPlus to make database keywords from the folder name and from XMP keywords when it makes (or remakes) a thumbnail for an image.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.