All forums > ThumbsPlus v10 Questions

Can't get video to work

<< < (3/3)

Daan van Rooijen:
Have you tried playing those videos in Windows Mediaplayer?  ThumbsPlus doesn't really play videos, it just tells Windows to do so (using the DirectShow functionality of Windows).

If your Windows system cannot play those files (except through 3d party players like VLC), have you tried..:

- to Identify the FourCC of a video that does not play correctly
- to Check which codec is handling that FourCC on your system?

Useful tools: G-Spot and Codec Tweak Tool.

On my antique system, I can use the FFDShow 'Video Decoder configuration' utility to assign FourCCs to the LibAVCodec decoder which always seems to work fine. Apparently newer systems that have the K-Lite codec pack installed use the 'LAV Video decoder' (still based on libavcodec) which may have a separate configuration tool - I don't know.

Side note: if you happen to have the Haali Media Splitter installed on your system, you may have to remove that and re-install the LAV filters or the K-Lite pack to get them to work correctly.

CharlesTreavers:
Yes all videos play perfectly in Windows Media Player, I have always managed to play every kind of format in ThumbsPlus without any problems until I changed the Graphics card.

All videos play perfectly in Thumbsplus once you have opened one that will just have a black screen, paused it then open another.

I do have and always have had K-Lite codecs on my system.

Jens Rieger:
It works again! I made a fresh install of Windows 10 2004. Installed every program I need and somehow I can play the videos as usual by doubleclicking on it. Why it works again? I have no idea!

CharlesTreavers:
Further to my previous posts regarding media files not playing in Thumbsplus,

I have added a 4k Monitor to my computer system and now any video will play in the Thumbsplus,

I have not made any changes to any settings apart from obviously, the resolution to 3840 x 2160.

Anyway it works.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version