Author Topic: Status Bar  (Read 12202 times)

CharlesTreavers

• View Profile
Status Bar
« Reply #15 on: 2015-02-24 10:15:18 »
Just an update on my previous post, I reinstalled Build 3946 using the "Everything In One Folder (Old Style)" option.

This put the Thumbs9.config file into the C:\ProgramData\ThumbsPlus folder and the
On side note, the only reason I reluctantly installed the latest build was that from what I could gather, the issue of the thumbnails refreshing automatically when an image had been moved into the folder had been addressed. Unfortunately this is not the case, you still have to move off the folder and then back for the new thumbnail to show.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Status Bar
« Reply #16 on: 2015-02-24 10:39:17 »
> Unfortunately this is not the case, you still have to move off the folder and then back for the new thumbnail to show.

Do you have Options | Preferences | Thumbnail View | Watch Changes in Folder on? And if it is a network folder, in particular one with many files and subfolders, is the 'remote' watch frequency set to a sufficiently long delay in Opt | Pref | Advanced?
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

CharlesTreavers

• View Profile
Status Bar
« Reply #17 on: 2015-02-24 10:45:29 »
Thanks for your response, yes I do have *Options | Preferences | Thumbnail View | Watch Changes in Folder* set to on.

And no it is not a network folder.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Status Bar
« Reply #18 on: 2015-02-24 13:08:20 »
When it happens again, could you open the same folder in Explorer (i.e. Windows' own file manager) and see if that has the same problem? I would suspect that it has, because ThumbsPlus refreshes the folder based on a signal that it gets from Windows.

If Explorer has the same problem, one of the many fixes suggested [link=http://superuser.com/questions/390030/explorer-does-not-auto-refresh]here[/link] might help.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

CharlesTreavers

• View Profile
Status Bar
« Reply #19 on: 2015-02-24 14:44:37 »
No Explorer works perfectly.

tom93230

• View Profile
Status Bar
« Reply #20 on: 2015-03-02 17:02:44 »
Hi

This help is good, The status bar is displaying now

Thank you very much

aslaksen

• View Profile
Status Bar
« Reply #21 on: 2015-03-19 08:32:17 »
Thanks! Saved my day!

Waratah

Status Bar
« Reply #22 on: 2015-03-22 20:03:03 »
Thank you so much Peter, I was going nuts trying to figure out where my status bar had gone (after upgrading to Windows 8.1).  Followed your instructions to the letter and it fixed the problem. Waratah (aka John in Sydney, Australia)